How to remove copypast.ru from Google Chrome browser? This question bothers many active Internet surfers. They see their home page to be infected with this sort of weird start page, plus their search queries will be redirected in some other unusual way. If you’re one of such persons whose PC got infected like that, follow this guide to get your computer fixed as soon as possible.
Technically speaking, copypast.ru is not a virus, but it is not a good application either. Its main purpose is to generate profit for those people who stand behind it. When you start surfing the web through this hijacker you will notice a lot of annoying advertisement banners to be displayed in the home page of your browser. As a result, you will constantly be interrupted with these persistent advertisements which altogether will make it really difficult for you to surf the web without restrictions.
As for search results obtained through copypast.ru, they may be delivered through some other third-party websites of extremely bad reputation. So, you may not actually find anything decent. Instead of relevant search results you will likewise be permanently facing tons of intrusive advertisements and different sponsored links leading you to all kinds of unsafe places in the web.
Taking the above-mentioned information into consideration, we strongly advise that you remove copypast.ru fully from your browser by carefully following this removal guide below. You will need to scan the system with a proven anti-malware tool and to reset your browsers with its help as explained in the tutorial. Feel free to contact us for further help when you need it.
Tutorial to delete copypast.ru virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to copypast.ru hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with copypast.ru hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by copypast.ru. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by copypast.ru malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by copypast.ru by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing copypast.ru malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with copypast.ru virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!