Under-cover.info stands for a new browser hijacker attacking the majority of browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and possibly other browsers as well. Once the attack of this browser is successful users can see that the home page of them has been changed into search.playsearchnow.com. They now see Search – PlaySearchNow when opening every new search tab. As for Under-cover.info, this is is the site through which pseudo search results are delivered.
In this tutorial we will explain to you several ways of effective removal of under-cover.info and PlaySearchNow from all these browsers. First method is fully automatic. You will not need any complex actions to get rid of this hijacker. The other method implies certain manipulations, which can be done by more profound PC users.
First, let us talk about ways how this hijacker is spread in the world wide web. In the majority of the cases it is bundled with a lot of other free applications. Users who are active in downloading and installing freeware often may fail to notice about other extras suggested for them to be installed in addition to the main software they’ve decided to install. When they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons all the time, this is when they end up installing a lot of useless applications into their computers.
Under-cover.info as a browser hijacker cannot actually render any decent services for you. It claims of itself to be some superb search engine, but in reality it is not capable of furnishing users with any relevant search results. Most often you will see a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser and together with the pseudo search results redirected through under-cover.info.
Under-cover.info removal instructions are presented in the guide below. In case you require our further assistance in this issue, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time, and we will do all our best to help you in fixing your problems.
Recommended tools and steps to fix under-cover.info redirection.
- Depending on your operating system, download recommended anti-spyware software from the download buttons below.
- Scan your system with registered versions of either of these programs, remove all detected items.
- Reboot your workstation and repeat scanning if necessary.
Detailed steps to delete under-cover.info redirect virus from Windows PCs.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via the download button below:
- Install the application and start it. The program will automatically begin scanning your computer:
- Once the scanning is completed, click on “Remove Selected“, then on “Activate Now“:
- Purchase the program.
- Check your email to retrieve your license key.
- Enter the license key in the respective section, then click on “Activate“:
- With registered version of the program, click on “Remove Selected” to get rid of all malware from your PC.
- Repeat scanning if necessary.
Important! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing under-cover.info virus. Please select the appropriate instruction depending on your browser from the list below:
Solution to protect your computer from getting contaminated with under-cover.info redirect virus and similar threats in the future:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web people definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have avoided all negative side effects related to unwanted intrusion of adware with the help of Plumbytes Anti-Malware, so we strongly advise that you Buy Plumbytes Anti-Malware now!