Hohosearch can be properly categorized as browser hijacker. Each successful installation of it results in appearance of hohosearch.com page to appear whenever you start your browser. When attempting to find any information through it your search queries will be redirected through some other third-party websites not related to providing decent search services at all. In particular, we mean websites like mystart3.dealwifi.com, airzip2.inspsearch.com, etc. They are some way or another related to Hohosearch browser hijacker and may take part in redirection of your queries through themselves. But there will be absolutely no value from them in terms of finding up-to-date search results which would match these queries.
Hohosearch hijacker is a product of Chinese company involved in development and promotion of many other similar unwanted programs in the past. For example, there were hijackers like Yoursites123, Mysites123, etc. All of them belong to the same family of hijackers and were quite aggressive in the degree of their massive distribution in the Internet. Speaking about Hohosearch, it currently infects the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
If you prefer to use some other browsers based on the Chromium open source project, they may become infected too. Hohosearch also performs the role of spyware in your computer. It regularly tracks your browsing habits and will soon start delivering all kinds of annoying advertisement banners which may be displayed along with those irrelevant search results redirected through it. Also, your personal information may become accessible to third parties which may eventually manipulate it unfairly.
We’re fully convinced that Hohosearch is not a good program and that you need to delete it right away. The developers of this hijacker claim that to remove Hohosearch is as easy as it can be. They mention that it is enough just to run the uninstaller of it, which is specified in the list of legally installed programs. But the problem is that very often this regular (manual) uninstall method does not work and users keep facing Hohosearch to be displayed in the home pages of their browsers. This is because the hijacker is protected by some additional software which does not allow you to restore your search settings back to their default parameters.
We’re confident that to remove Hohosearch hijacker automatically is the only correct and effective decision. What you should do is to scan your system with decent anti-spyware application to detect and delete all infected items associated with Hohosearch virus. Finally, you will need to implenent some additional manual steps to change the home page of your browser and to fix its Desktop shortcuts. Please follow the guide below explaining how to do it.
Tutorial to delete Hohosearch virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to Hohosearch hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with Hohosearch hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by Hohosearch. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by Hohosearch malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by Hohosearch by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing Hohosearch malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with Hohosearch virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!