Resetting Opera browser is necessary in certain cases. For example, it has been previously hijacked with certain unwanted software which forcefully chances the default home page of Opera, or infected with some annoying adware. Whatever the case might be, the process to reset Opera differs from that with other browsers.
How to reset Opera browser?
- Make sure you are able to see hidden files, folders and drives in your PC. Follow this guide for more information.
- In the address line type opera://about and hit “Enter“:
- Take notes of where “Profile” and “Cache” folders of Opera browser are located in your computer.
- Shut down Opera browser.
- Go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\ and C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\:
- Delete Profile and Cache folders.
- Run Opera. All its settings will be reverted to their default parameters.