IhpmServer.exe is a malicious process related to several dangerous browser hijackers. Most likely this potentially unwanted software is installed with some free applications. In this guide you will find out why exactly ihpmServer.exe is malicious and what can be done to delete it completely from your computer.
When you look into the list of legally installed software you will not be able to find IhpmServer.exe mentioned there. But there is something that can bring you to its location when you open Task Manager program. You will notice a special process named as ‘Ray you (32 bit)‘. You may right-click on it and select the option to open file location, which will bring you exactly to ihpmServer.exe. The folder where this program is located is called RayDld.
IhpmServer.exe is used to protect unwanted browser hijackers from being deleted by users in an easy way. For example, you might simply decide to change the home page of your browser back to google.com or some other genuine page. With ihpmServer.exe enabled, malicious parameters introduced by hijackers will be restored when you open your browser next time. In addition to ihpmServer.exe, there will be many other dangerous programs and *.dll files in RayDld folder, such as DuiLib.dll, ihpmServer.ini, msvcp110.dll, msvcr110.dll, Raydld.exe. To remove these viruses you’d better select automatic malware removal program, since ihpmServer.exe might not be the only infection in your system.
Tutorial to delete IhpmServer.exe virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to IhpmServer.exe infection.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with IhpmServer.exe Trojan.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by browser hijacker. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by related browser hijacker. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by browser hijacker by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing IhpmServer.exe infection. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with IhpmServer.exe virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!