NiceSearches can be properly categorized as browser hijacker. It changes the home page into nicesearches.com. But, in spite of its name, there is nothing nice in the way search results by this hijacker are delivered. They’re mixed with a lot of advertisements, sponsored links and other annoying items you do not really need.
NiceSearches is an international browser hijacker. Today it may infect PCs located in many countries of the world. The installer of this hijacker is localized depending on your language and country settings as established in your PC. But how exactly is its installer brought into your computer and launched? Be aware of the truth that the hijacker may be bundled with many free programs today, so you need to pay close attention to what exactly you are going to install into your computer.
As a hijacker developed by some Chinese company, NiceSearches is not very easy to be deleted by you if you prefer to do the removal manually. The hijacker is additionally furnished with some supporting services and applications, which are malicious and used to protect the hijacker from being easily deleted by users. For example, these could be programs and/or services like WinNetSvc.exe, upgsvr.exe, svrupg.exe, TSvr.exe, etc. All of these malicious programs need to be fully deleted from your computer, otherwise you will not manage to completely get rid of this hijacker from browser.
Speaking about browsers infected by NiceSearches hijacker, the problem may occur easily with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. The hijacker also amends the parameters of Desktop shortcuts and quick launch items of all browsers it infects by adding a special attribute. Hence, this additional attribute needs to be deleted as well.
The best way to deal with NiceSearches hijacker is to perform a complex scanning of your computer with a decent virus removal application. A thorough anti-spyware scanning of your PC will detect malicious files from it and will additionally protect your system from subsequent virus attacks.
Tutorial to delete NiceSearches virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to NiceSearches hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with NiceSearches hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by NiceSearches. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by NiceSearches malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by NiceSearches by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing NiceSearches malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with NiceSearches virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!