Chromestart4.ru can be properly categorized as browser hijacker. It amends the home page of your browser to begin with chromestart4.ru/i/rt4.html and causes all kinds of other browser redirection issues. On the other hands, it does not represent any value for you as far as getting any decent search results is concerned. This guide will help you to remove it from your browser.
Judging by the name of the hijacker, chromestart4.ru primarily infects Google Chrome browser. However, if you have discovered this hijacker to be the part of Google Chrome, there are chances that other browsers available in your PC may be infected as well. Still, there may be some other names of the similar hijackers used in these other browsers.
Intrusion of chromestart4.ru takes place when users download and install certain cost-free programs into their PCs. It is always mandatory that users carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to free programs they deal with. So, each time you are going to download and install some free software, take time to read all the supporting documentation related to it. Doing so will help you to prevent any third-party junk applications to be installed into your system.
Technically speaking, chromestart4.ru is not a virus or malware, but it is not a good application either. It has the sole goal – to display the wide range of intrusive advertisement banners while users surf the web. However, the hijacker is not able to furnish users with any relevant search results. It may additionally redirect you to many unsafe places in the web, through which your system may become contaminated with all kinds of other junk utilities.
We recommend you to remove chromestart4.ru virus from your browser by carefully following this removal guide below. You will need to delete the infections found by a powerful anti-spyware and to reset your browsers using additional tips in the remainder of the guide.
Tutorial to delete chromestart4.ru virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to chromestart4.ru hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with chromestart4.ru hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by chromestart4.ru. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by chromestart4.ru malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by chromestart4.ru by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing chromestart4.ru malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with chromestart4.ru virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!