Gohomego.com is a browser hijacker changing the default home page of your browser. It recommends a lot of useful features, but the problem is that not all users actually are satisfied with it. They’re used to finding the information through Google Search and do not need anything else. And when they see gohomego.com as their startup page they will surely be disappointed.
Gohomego.com is not a virus, but it is not a good application either. As we said above, it is more correct to speak about it as a browser hijacker due to amendments caused by it into your default home page and search engine settings. According to the information from this very hijacker, it is related to Eazel company.
Gohomego.com is typically integrated with the installers of some other free applications. For example, you might go to CNet and find some excellent video player, or mp3 player, or any other free application whatsoever. When dealing with freeware, you are always under the risk of installing something you do not really need in addition to the initial application of your choice. When you fail to be duly attentive you may end up bringing gohomego.com into your computer and, in fact, this is exactly how it got there.
Looking for the information through gohomego.com might give you some results, but in addition to any relevant data (if any) you will instead see plenty of ads and sponsored links. Sometimes these sites promoted by the hijacker may lead you to dangerous places and cause your system to become even more deeply infected with malware. To sum up, please remove gohomego.com as explained in the guide below.
Tutorial to delete gohomego.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to gohomego.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with gohomego.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by gohomego.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by gohomego.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by gohomego.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing gohomego.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with gohomego.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!