HpDefSrv.exe is a malicious process related to HomePageDefender malicious program. It possesses with all features which allow to classify it as browser hijacker. HpDefSrv.exe is bundled with other free applications, so if you would like to install some free software in the future please first check whether its installer offers you anything else that you do not need. Regretfully, very often users do not really pay much attention to all such important details, so they may easily permit malicious programs like HomePageDefender to change their browsers settings. What’s more dramatic is the fact that this unwanted program does not allow users to change these amended browser settings easily.
HpDefSrv.exe virus may be involved in operation of several nasty browser hijackers, including Mysites123, Yoursites123, etc. As we have already mentioned above, the alternative name for this application is called HomePageDefender. So, it is clear that the purpose of this program is to protect your infected home page from being modified by you back to its initial settings. Hence, no matter how many times you change your home page back to google.com or some other decent start page, you will still have your browser hijacked.
By the way, HomePageDefender and its HpDefSrv.exe process may be seen clearly when you open Task Managrer. However, the point is that it will not be sufficient enough just to stop this malicious process. After you restart your computer next time, HpDefSrv.exe will keep doing its malicious job. The point is that this process is also related to a special service, which is set to be started automatically with each system startup.
Taking into consideration the above-said information, it is clear that HpDefSrv.exe process is extremely malicious. Additionally, you’re being regularly spied over by hijacker until it is enabled in your PC. All your search queries submitted through it will be transferred to third parties for different illegal purposes to hackers. Hence, we suggest that you do not loiter but rather eliminate this hijacker completely from your system.
Removal of HpDefSrv.exe virus is a feasible task for powerful virus removal program. We suggest that you do it with the help of the software recommended below. Doing so will also help you to protect your system from subsequent virus attacks.
Tutorial to delete HpDefSrv.exe virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to HpDefSrv.exe Virus.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with HpDefSrv.exe malware.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by browser hijacker. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by browser hijacker. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by browser hijacker by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing HpDefSrv.exe malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with browser hijacker and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!