Mystartpage3.ru is a browser hijacker which changes the home page of your browser into mystartpage3.ru. Also, all your search queries will be redirected through Google Custom Search, which has nothing to do with this hijacker. This way of browsing will not furnish you with really adequate search results, and you will be absolutely fed up with a lot of accompanying advertisements and sponsored links while you search for important information. In this guide we will help you to fix this serious issue with your browser.
Note that mystartpage3.ru is actively spread in the world wide web together with many other free programs. If you have seen that the hijacker attacked your homepage, then try to remember when you installed any free applications recently. Most probably this is what cause this hijacker to attack your computer and your browser.
Mystartpage3.ru hijacker doesn’t plan to help you finding any relevant information when you surf the world wide web. Its only mission is to make yo click on its ads and sponsored links displayed when you get some search results redirected through it.
The problem with mystartpage3.ru may occur mainly with Google Chrome and possibly with some other browsers based on the Chromium open source project. If you prefer to uninstall this hijacker manually, we recommend you to first uninstall any suspicious programs from the Control Panel of your PC (from the list of legally installed applications). Also, make sure you disable and remove any suspicious add-ons or extensions from your browsers, which could be related to mystartpage3.ru hijacker.
However, we recommend that you select the automatic method for removal of mystartpage3.ru from your computer. Please scan your PC with the proven anti-malware software recommended below, remove all infections it finds and reset your browser with its help. This automatic removal method is explained very well in the tutorial below.
Tutorial to delete mystartpage3.ru virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to mystartpage3.ru hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with mystartpage3.ru hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by mystartpage3.ru. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by mystartpage3.ru. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/Google Chrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by mystartpage3.ru by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing mystartpage3.ru malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with mystartpage3.ru virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!