Do you wonder how to remove play-bar.net virus from your computer? This is a browser hijacker currently attacking a lot of browsers in the world wide web, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Play-bar.net is distributed today along with many other free programs. So, to avoid its intrusion into your system you need to be extremely careful when downloading and installing any free applications. In this guide we will help you to understand how to remove play-bar.net hijacker from your system.
What play-bar.net does with your browser is actually hijacking its home page and default search engine settings. For example, if you’re used to start your search from google.com or bing.com, you will instead see play-bar.net displayed in the home page. Plus, all your search queries may be redirected through other third-party websites. It is true that the search results will be delivered by Google, but this doesn’t make play-bar.net a good search engine. What it does is simply stealing the search results from other decent search engines.
To have your browser hijacked by play-bar.net means that you will be permanently annoyed by its presence. You might see a lot of intrusive ads displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, your search may be accompanied by many annoying sponsored links brought as a part of play-bar.net adware distribution program. This all makes your browsing as a quite dangerous experience.
We do recommend that you remove play-bar.net from your browser for good. So, first of all, do not click on its ads and sponsored links displayed while you use your hijacked browser. The simple thing you could do is to remove play-bar.net from the list of installed applications in your computer, and from the list of add-ons (extensions) of your hijacked browser. Then you will finally need to remove play-bar.net from the home page and default search engine settings of your computer. This is the way how this hijacker can be removed manually.
On the other hand, we also believe it is important that you scan your system with some powerful anti-malware software that will clean your PC from all remnants of this hijacker, and from all other malicious files and registry entries related to other potentially unwanted programs in your computer. This automatic malware removal method is very well explained in the tutorial below. Please follow its instructions, and if you require any additional help on our part, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your preference for further malware removal explanations.
Tutorial to delete play-bar.net virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to play-bar.net hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with play-bar.net hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by play-bar.net. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by play-bar.net malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by play-bar.net by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing play-bar.net malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with play-bar.net virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!