Search-startpage.com is a new browser hijacker currently striking many browsers. It changes the home page of your browser and additionally amends search engine settings of it. As a result, you keep encountering search-startpage.com when you open either of your available browsers. So, what can be done to get rid of it?
The problem related to search-startpage.com hijacker is the issue for all major browsers today, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You may notice that the homepage of all such browsers got changed into search-startpage.com page, and now all your search queries are redirected through it. In this guide you will find the information about removal of this nasty hijacker from your computer effectively.
First of all, note that search-startpage.com is widely spread in the Internet today through being bundled by default with many other free programs. Users who spend a lot of time downloading and installing free applications need to make sure they don’t permit any junk extras from becoming the part of their PCs.
It is easy to avoid search-startpage.com installation if you carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to all free programs you’re going to install. So, before you actually download or install anything free, go ahead and pay attention to the installation details (the instructions of the setup wizards of free programs). You must always select the option of a custom or advanced installation if you find some extra programs you don’t need. This is the best mode to prevent this unwanted program from changing your browser settings.
In order to get rid of search-startpage.com from your computer we recommend you to follow the uninstall guidelines set forth below. In brief, you will need to scan your system with a reliable anti-spyware program, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. If you need more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Tutorial to delete search-startpage.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to search-startpage.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with search-startpage.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by search-startpage.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by search-startpage.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by search-startpage.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing search-startpage.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with search-startpage.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!