Searchassistant.co is a browser hijacker currently amending settings for many widely used browsers. The hijacker, on the other hand, is absolutely not able to furnish users with any adequate search results. Its main purpose is to display plenty of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser and to collect the information about your browsing preferences.
Searchassistant.co primarily infects its malicious roots into Google Chrome browser, even though other browsers are not an exception and can be contaminated as well. It is mandatory that you pay close attention to what other free programs you deal with. Make sure you do not permit any unwanted programs to be installed into your PC without your permission or approval. Take time to carefully read the EULAs, also known as the End User License Agreements related to free programs you deal with. In case you find the information about some third-party programs you do not need, go ahead and switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent any third-party applications from getting into your system.
Searchassistant.co is installed whenever users fail to be duly careful. Often they just blindly click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what they agree with. Hence, this is exactly the way they permit various junk utilities to be installed into their PCs by default. With this hijacker enabled, users experience a lot of difficulties while browsing the web. As soon as the type some search queries they will instead be redirected to many other dangerous places in the web, through which their PCs may become infected even more.
We suggest that you get rid of searchassistant.co virus from your PC by thoroughly scanning the system with a proven virus removal application. You will need to delete the infections it finds and to reset your browsers as demonstrated in the tutorial below.
Tutorial to delete searchassistant.co virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to searchassistant.co hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with searchassistant.co hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by searchassistant.co. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by searchassistant.co malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by searchassistant.co by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing searchassistant.co malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with searchassistant.co virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!