Tgmgo.com can be properly categorized as browser hijacker infecting many PCs today. It amends the home page of all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Other browsers, however, are not immune and can become infected too. This article will assist you in deleting Tgmgo.com from your computer in an effective way.
Tgmgo.com may implant its malicious codes when you download and install some free programs. Unfortunately, many of these cost-free applications are by default bundled with all kinds of other totally useless programs you really do not need. But the problem is that some people actually fail to be duly careful when they install free software. Sometimes they just blindly click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what exactly they agree with. And this is exactly the way they allow plenty of other malicious programs to be enabled.
Looking for any information though Tgmgo.com will not furnish you with any adequate search results. Instead of relevant data you will be encountering a lot of annoying advertisement banners and sponsored links which will be leading you to all kinds of other third-party sites of extremely bad reputation. Eventually, your computer may become even more deeply infected with malware.
Tgmgo.com will additionally perform the function of spyware in your computer. It will be permanently spying over your Internet activities and may transfer this information to third parties for various illegal purposes.
We strongly advise that you remove Tgmgo.com hijacker from your system by thoroughly scanning the system with a reliable anti-malware program as explained below. It will help you to locate all malicious items related to this hijacker and to reset your browsers automatically.
Tutorial to delete Tgmgo.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to Tgmgo.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with Tgmgo.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by Tgmgo.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by Tgmgo.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by Tgmgo.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing Tgmgo.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with Tgmgo.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!