So, how in the world could uc123.com could become the home page of your browser? This question is asked by many active Internet surfers today who have suddenly seen this domain when they opened their Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and possibly other browsers. This guide will furnish you with the answer to this question and will provide you with the relevant information on removal of uc123.com from your infected computer.
Uc123.com may be installed into PC along with some other free software. This is a Chinese-made browser hijacker which, by the way, uses secret and illegal methods for installation into computers. You might think that installing some free application is absolutely safe and still end up facing the huge amount of useless applications, including this hijacker. However, we know the answer on how to delete it effectively from the system.
The problem with uc123.com is that you will see it popping up occasionally in your computer, even without opening any particular browser. Normally, once the system is booted, you will notice this site to appear in the form of a sudden pop-up of your default browser. Then, when you try to investigate the case and change the home page of your default browser back to google.com or any other page you like, this page uc123.com will be shut down. Then, while you surf the web through any other browser you will experience exactly the same problem – the issue of your browser hijacked by this infection. To look for the relevant information through uc123.com is definitely impossible. Even if you are a Chinese-speaking person you will most likely not be pleased with its presence in the system.
To avoid penetration of nasty browser hijackers into your system we recommend you to be very careful when dealing with free applications. Always pay attention to what else you are suggested to install into the system in addition to the main software of your choice. Always read the End User License Agreements related to free software you intend to install into the computer. If you do find out about something suspicious, please switch to the advanced or custom installation mode. Finally, if your PC already got infected with this malware, follow this tutorial dedicated to automatic elimination of computer infections with the proven anti-malware.
Tutorial to delete uc123.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to uc123.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with uc123.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by uc123.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by uc123.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by uc123.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing uc123.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with uc123.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!