Wzscnet.com can be properly categorized as browser hijacker. This is because it changes the home page of your browser to start with wzscnet.com and additionally sets this particular page as your default search engine. Many users today experience exactly the same problems. They surely want to remove this hijacker but do not know how to do it effectively.
It is not enough just to change the home page of your browser back to google.com to remove wzscnet.com hijacker. In fact, when you look into the settings of your Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer you will probably not find the presence of wzscnet.com there. However, each time you start either of these browsers you will notice wzscnet.com on the startup. So, where to find this hijacker and how to disable it?
When we talk about removal of wzscnet.com it is surely necessary for us to analyze how to avoid its intrusion into the system in the first place. This hijacker is often integrated with installers of many free programs. Users who surf the web actively need to make sure that they do not allow any hidden installations to take place in their computers. So, each time you download and install some free software make sure that you do not allow any unwanted programs to become the inherent part of your system or browser.
Technically speaking, wzscnet.com is surely not a virus, but it is not a good application either. Its only mission is to perform the role of adware in your browser through displaying the wide range of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser. Finally, wzscnet.com is spyware, since it regularly tracks your browsing habits and may transfer this information to third parties.
We definitely urge you to remove wzscnet.com virus by thoroughly scanning the PC with a reliable anti-spyware software as explained clearly in the remainder of the guide below.
Tutorial to delete wzscnet.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to wzscnet.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with wzscnet.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by wzscnet.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by wzscnet.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by wzscnet.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing wzscnet.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with wzscnet.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!