Searchinme as a browser hijacker performs a lot of unwanted browser modifications. It changes the home page of your browser to start with searchinme.com, plus this page will be set as the default search engine of your browser. By the way, the hijacker primarily infects Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Intrusion of Searchinme virus occurs as a result of users downloading and installing certain cost-free programs. Of course, this means that you need to be very careful not to authorize any hidden installations to occur in your computer. We suggest that you thoroughly read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to free software you are going to install into your system.
Searchinme.com is absolutely not able to furnish you with any adequate search results. Instead, you will be permanently brought to all kinds of other third-party websites which do not represent any valuable information. The purpose of Searchinme hijacker is to generate profit for those who stand behind this hijacker. You may notice a lot of annoying advertisement banners to be displayed in the home page of your browser, plus those pseudo search results will be diluted with a lot of irrelevant sponsored links of no interest for you.
Searchinme hijacker is not quite easy to delete. Users may notice that their browser and even their entire PC acts extremely weird. In fact, it functions extremely slow and may eventually crash. The hijacker is additionally protected by other third-party programs which make it really difficult for you to get rid of it.
Our suggestion is that you thoroughly scan your system with a proven anti-virus software that will help you to detect and delete all malicious programs related to Searchinme virus and other junk utilities. We also urge you about the necessity to reset your browsers with the help of the tool below. This will help you to get rid of searchinme.com from the home page of your browser and to delete other malware.
Tutorial to delete Searchinme virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to Searchinme hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with Searchinme hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by searchinme.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by searchinme.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by searchinme.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing searchinme.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with searchinme.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!