Start-pagesearch.com can be properly categorized as browser hijacker. First, it changes the home page of your browser to begin with start-pagesearch.com and amends your default search engine settings accordingly. This means that whenever you start your browser or open new tab in it, the hijacker will appear instead of google.com or any other decent start page of your choice.
Start-pagesearch.com hijacker may inject its malicious codes into all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The hijacker may be additionally integrated with some other supporting software which makes it really difficult for you to get rid of it in a regular way. So, when you change the home page of your browser manually into google.com or some other genuine start page, the hijacker will be restored because of this additional software enabled.
Start-pagesearch.com hijacker, by the way, may be installed into your system along with some other free programs you deal with. It is always mandatory that you check the advanced or custom installation option to prevent any third-party utilities from getting into your system. If you read the information about some other software you do not really need, go ahead and switch to the advanced (custom) installation mode. This is where you will be able to uncheck all third-party utilities from getting into your system.
Start-pagesearch.com is actually absolutely useless when it comes to providing you with relevant search results. Instead, it simply shows the wide range of intrusive advertisement banners and various sponsored links which may lead you to plenty of third-party dangerous places. As a result, your system may become contaminated even more.
We urge you carefully to scan your system with a proven anti-spyware program that will help you to delete all kinds of computer infections from your system. You will additionally need to reset your browsers to make your PC and your browser clean again.
Tutorial to delete start-pagesearch.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to start-pagesearch.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with start-pagesearch.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by start-pagesearch.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by start-pagesearch.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by start-pagesearch.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing start-pagesearch.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with start-pagesearch.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!