Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups you see in your browser telling you to call (855) 651-4883 toll-free helpline are not genuine alerts from Microsoft or Apple. Instead, these are misleading alerts run by cyber frauds who want to gain easy access over your computer in order to scare you even more. The ultimate purpose of Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups is to convince you to pay money in favor of cyber frauds who, by the way, have already infected your computer with malware. Now they’re trying to obtain the part of your hard earned money supposedly for fixing your computer. Yet, we strongly advise that you do not interact with such pop-ups but rather immediately shut down your browser, without being afraid about the faulty consequences mentioned in these pop-ups. Definitely, you should at once undertake all possible measures to get your computer cleaned.
Screenshot of Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups as it appears in all widely used browsers:
Quick menu to help you navigate through Suspicious Download Detected pop-up removal guide.
Damage caused by Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups and their impact on your computer.
You might ask why it is important to clean your computer. Well, this is because it is infected with adware or some other potentially unwanted program with the worst of the intentions. While your browser spews out the load of Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups the system will be functioning extremely unstable. The adware will cause high CPU usage and may even cause the hardware part of your system to crash. The CPU cooler of your computer might be rotating at high speed and simply fail to operate under such a pressure.
Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups will completely block your browser without letting you use it. The pop-up will additionally present quite a scary message telling about various problems supposedly to be revealed with your computer. The message will contain the information about (855) 651-4883 toll-free helpline and the instruction for you to get in touch with these people who will claim to be the representatives of Microsoft or Apple customer service. The truth is that these people aren’t related to Apple or Microsoft at all. They’re the crooks who hunt for your money. Here is the faulty message stated in these pop-ups:
Illegal content detected
Suspicious download detected
CLOSING THIS WINDOW OR RESTARTING THE COMPUTER WILL AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPT THE DOWNLOAD OF THIS FILE
File Name: jdk-8u131-windows-i586.exe
IP Address: 52.31.419.13
A remote connection has initiated a suspicious file transfer to your computer.
Click OK or close this box to accept the download.
This file has been identified as malicious by the Microsoft Pinpoint network. It may contain underage pornographic images or similar media deemed illegal under international data transfer laws.
IF YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS DOWNLOAD, CONTACT MICROSOFT TECHNICIANS IMMEDIATELY AT (855) 651-4883 TO BE GUIDED THROUGH THE REMOVAL PROCESS
Please tell our technicians the following code: DRn87
To continue the download, please click OK or close this window.
Our admonition for you is not to trust such faulty statements given by Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups. Calling (855) 651-4883 toll-free helplines is likewise the waste of your time and may result in you wasting your money. Your computer is indeed infected by adware or some potentially unwanted application causing these pop-ups. You’re strongly advised to run a full scanning of your system with a reliable malware removal software to get your system duly fixed and protected against subsequent malware intrusion attempts.
Important warning! Intrusion of adware causing Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups in your screen is the result of failure of your available anti-malware software to perform its direct function of protecting your computer against viruses. This means that you need to reconsider your choices in terms of anti-malware software to which you entrust the security of your computer.
Detailed steps to delete Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups in Windows PCs.
- Right-click on Windows task bar in the bottom section of computer screen and select “Task Manager“.
- Find your blocked browser, right-click on it and select “End task“.
- Through other available browser download and buy GridinSoft Anti-Malware via the download buttons below:
- Install the application and start it. The program will automatically begin scanning your computer.
- Once the scanning is completed, click on “Fix Now“.
- Purchase the full version of the program.
- Check your email to retrieve your license key.
- Enter the license key in the respective section, then activate the software.
- With registered version of the program, get rid of all malware from your PC.
- Repeat scanning if necessary.
Watch this slider below explaining guidelines to remove Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups with GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Solution to protect your computer from getting contaminated with Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups and similar threats in the future:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web people definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have avoided all negative side effects related to unwanted intrusion of adware with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, so we strongly advise that you purchase GridinSoft Anti-Malware now!
Detailed steps to delete Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups from Mac computers.
- Force-quit your blocked browser by applying Command-Option-Escape command hotkey.
- Through other available browser download Combo Cleaner for your Mac by clicking on the “Download Now” button below.
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the softwar and start it.
- Wait until Combo Cleaner downloads new updates (mandatory step):
- Once updates are downloaded and installed, click on “Start Combo Scan” button:
- To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and in order to delete detected malware, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove” button:
After you remove Suspicious Download Detected pop-ups it is mandatory to apply additional manual fixes to clean your browser from malware remnants.
Cleaning Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on the menu button in the upper-right part of the screen which either looks like three vertical dots. Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and click on “Settings” (as shown in one of the images above).
- Select “Extensions” in the left part of the window. Uncheck suspicious extension, then click on the Trash icon next to it.
- WARNING. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Fixing Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove infection from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Fixing Internet Explorer.
- Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Manage add-ons“.
- Find suspicious toolbar or extension. Click on it (make it highlighted). Then click on “Disable” button related to this particular toolbar or extension.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove malware from Internet Explorer did not help. Click on Internet Explorer settings icon in the upper-right part of the browser in the form of a gear-wheel. Select “Internet Options“.
- Select “Advanced” tab, then click on “Reset“.
- Select appropriate reset options, then click on “Reset“.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Choose “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you detect anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Fixing Safari in Mac OS X.
- Step 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Step 2. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Step 3. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Step 4. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Step 5. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Step 6. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.