Trustedsurf.com is a malicious domain involved in operation of a brand new browser hijacker. The article about this hijacker was first written by Malekal in their blog supprimer-virus.com. Trustedsurf.com often is bundled with some free programs installed by users. After installation many people find it very difficult to get rid of it. Changing the home page of their browser back to google.com does not work. The browser remains hijacked.
Trustedsurf.com is advertised as some useful page which renders quick access to popular websites. It is true, it may link you straight to Facebook, Pinterest and some other pages simply within single mouse click. However, may users are quite fed up to see this page in the home page of their browser each time they attempt to go online. Furthermore, opening new tabs in their browsers automatically opens trustedsurf.com again and again.
To look for information through trustedsurf.com hijacker is the absolute waste of your time. You will not be able to find any decent information through it, simply the load of annoying advertisements and sponsored links that permanently redirect you to many unsafe domains. As a result, your computer may eventually become infected even more. At least, it will function extremely sluggish and your operating system may start freezing in the short run.
Problems with being hijacked by trustedsurf.com occur with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers. The hijacker adds a special attribute to Desktop or Quick Launch Items of attacked browser. In their properties, users will see something like trustedsurf.com/ssid=1458263525&a=1024132&src=sh&uuid=4ae7752-7916-4f04-85bc-3597da9f9cd2. It will be sufficient enough to remove this junk from the shortcut properties of your browser and to change the home page back to your preferred settings.
If you are still not able to remove trustedsurf.com hijacker from browser, we suggest that you scan your system automatically with powerful anti-spyware tool that will help you to delete infections from your PC and to restore your browser settings back to their initial parameters, thus completely removing the hijacker from it.
Tutorial to delete trustedsurf.com virus.
Step 1. Scanning PC with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite.
- Download SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite through the download button below (click on it):
- Once the application is downloaded, click on “Run” to execute the installer.
- Give the permission for the program to make changes to your computer.
- After the program is successfully installed, it will start scanning your system:
- Depending on the parameters of your system scanning with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite may take some time. Once the scanning is completed, click on Fix Threats button, and then on Register Now:
- Once the software is purchased, you will receive your activation password. Specify it in the following form, as well as your email address:
- With registered version, you will be able to get rid of all infections related to trustedsurf.com hijacker.
Step 2. Fixing Desktop shortcuts and quick launch icons of your browsers previously infected with trustedsurf.com hijacker.
- Right-click on quick launch icons of all your browsers, then right-click again on the name of this particular browser and click on “Properties“:
- Click on the “Shortcut” tab. Check the information in the “Target” field. The destination to the main executable file of your browser should be clean and free of any information previously added by trustedsurf.com. If you see anything suspicious, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
- In the same way, right-click on the Desktop shortcut of your browser and select “Properties“:
- Again, check the “Shortcut” tab and the destination to the executable of your browser in the “Target” field. The path to the executable should be clean and free of any junk data previously added by trustedsurf.com malware. In case you find such additional extra information, remove it, then click on “Apply” and “OK“:
Typically the targets to the majority of widely used browsers in Windows environment should be as follows:
- Internet Explorer – “C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe”
- Opera – “C:/Program Files/Opera/launcher.exe”
- Mozilla Firefox – “C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe”
- Google Chrome – “C:/Program Files/GoogleChrome/Application/chrome.exe”
Step 3. Changing the home pages of your browser back to your customized parameters.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the “Settings” icon in the form of a gear-wheel, then select “Internet Options“.
- In the home page, type “google.com” or any other page you prefer to be set on the startup. Alternatively, click on “Use new tab” button. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” buttons to apply changes.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines in the right upper part of the windows. Click on “Options“.
- In the “Home Page” field, change the parameter to “google.com” or any other home page you like. Or you may simply click on “Restore to Default” button.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three horizontal lines, then select “Settings“.
- Find “On start-up” settings, then click on “Set pages” link. Remove pages added by trustedsurf.com by clicking on the “X” next to it. Add “google.com” as a new startup page, or any other page you prefer. Finally, click on “OK“.
- In Opera, click on its “Opera” button and select “Settings“.
- Click on “Set pages” and add “google.com” as the new startup page, or any other page of your choice. Click on “OK“.
Note! It might be necessary that you reset your browser after removing trustedsurf.com malware. Please choose the appropriate instruction for your browser from the list below:
Ways to protect your computer from becoming infected with trustedsurf.com virus and similar applications again:
With millions of malicious applications currently in the web users definitely need powerful security solutions for their PCs. You could have escaped the negative side effects related to forced installation of browser hijackers with SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite, so we strongly recommend you to Buy SpyHunter 4 – Malware Security Suite now!