If you’ve noticed that your device got much slower we recommend to check the CPU usage using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC combination on your keyboard. dhcphost.exe process is really dangerous and can “eat” most of your CPU.
dhcphost.exe comes to you system when you failed and installed the trojan with software on the random freeware resources or if your antivirus is weak or has not updated databases. It doesn’t ban unwanted programs and permits installation of potentially unwanted objects.
dhcphost.exe virus makes your system slow and all programs freezing randomly. That’s a bad sign. dhcphost.exe miner sneaks into your computer quietly, so you won’t even notice that suspicious file is installed until your system is overloading.
Still have doubts that you have dhcphost.exe in your system, then check next symptoms:
- Arbitrary reboot and shutdown of the computer.
- Browsing process has changed.
- You lose private information.
- Computer stucks and runs really slow.
Download tool for dhcphost.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove dhcphost.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove dhcphost.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with dhcphost.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.