FileListing.com is a malicious browser hijacker that is pretended to be a real search engine while it is not. Actually, it is used by Cyber criminals to promote their domain and also to steal sensitive user information from a victim PC. The FileListing malware secretly attaches itself to browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
FileListing is categorized as a browser hijacker which is distributed via bundling with free programs, or programs from torrent websites. When you go to install a free program from compromised domains, FileListing.com search will force to install on your computer and web browser. After installed, it is going to change your web browser settings that include the homepage, search engines, and new tab page.
Download tool for FileListing.com removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove FileListing.com infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove FileListing.com virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with FileListing.com in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.