hidcon.exe refers to the potentially unwanted software that is unwanted to be in the system. Users often detect the process due to the Mine folder of their computers. Task Manager opens the containing folder with the help of right-clicking on it.
hidcon.exe process may be not detected by your currently running anti-virus as some of the malicious applications remain unknown to the software with not updated or old databases. User may experience ongoing redirections to all kinds of third-party sites without direct intention.
hidcon.exe process typically happens to the systems with poor or weak security. In case when the owner of the PC often conducts mindless installation, such hazardous items have all possibilities to appear. Take time to always thoroughly read the installation guidelines associated to free programs you want to enable in your PC. hidcon.exe will be not a problem when you have an anti-malware scanner to delete common computer threats.
hidcon.exe can be only removed by thorough scanning of your PC with a reliable security software. This will also help you to protect the system from subsequent malware intrusion attempts.
Download tool for hidcon.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove hidcon.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove hidcon.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with hidcon.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Leave a Comment