WeatherService.exe stands for a malicious process related to the adware contained in the WeatherTool folder. This application is currently actively spread in the Internet through the distribution method called bundling. This term means integration of adware with other applications, mainly those that are classified as freeware.
To tell the truth, WeatherService.exe process has not a positive but extremely negative impact on your computer. It consumes resources of your system and results high CPU usage when you do not know about that. Of course, you can find the location of WeatherService.exe process via your Task Manager, right-click and choose the option to open file location, but it will not solve the problem with WeatherTool folder that is infected. This adware protects itself by hiding under the other similar processes, so it becomes difficult to find it in the background.
WeatherService.exe adware may and will cause the problem of permanent browser redirections to random pages, which potentially may infect your PC with different malicious programs. We recommend you to stay away from clicking on these advertisements, irrespective of how tricky and intrusive they are.
Deleting WeatherService.exe process is the first thing to do right now. Scan the system with a proven anti-malware application to detect the threat first and then eliminate it with the help of utility. We offer you to try GridinSoft Anti-Malware application in action. Use only the registered version you can find on our site, it will reset your infected browsers and delete all possible rubbish you already have. The whole process has been described in the tutorials.
Download tool for WeatherService.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove WeatherService.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove WeatherService.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with WeatherService.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Leave a Comment