Piiq is a ransomware currently attacking many computers. This term implies a special malicious software that unexpectedly injects your computer, performs several unwanted modifications with it and then tells you about the necessity to pay the ransom to get your data restored. If you have detected Piiq to be the part of your system, immediately follow this tutorial that explains how to get your computer fixed and remaining data saved.
Piiq sends notifications, so-called blackmails that appeal with the purpose to motivate users pay money. Once penetrated the system, this malware won’t stop until it locks all your important or private stuff and spoil normal performance.
Piiq malware is common for computers with poor protection and weaknesses hackers are ready to exploit. Add a malware removal scanner that will detect and delete computer threats like the particular ransomware and not only as soon as they take place in the system. Next time be careful with any installation and do not click mindlessly. Keep important software up to date to receive vital features and modifications.
Save your device and private data against Piiq malware application with a malware scanner which will keep the system clean. And then, do not ignore resetting infected browsers with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware applications. Use the registered version of the program only.
Download tool for Piiq removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove Piiq infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove Piiq virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with Piiq in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start”
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
I can’t open that app