Your PC can suddenly show you G.exe process in your Task Manager. It is a bad idea to accept it as a coincidence. No, it was a planned action to penetrate your computer. Your PC is likely to be recently contaminated with risky malicious software. Unfortunately, you will have to deal with this trouble right now. And it’s in your interest to find it as quickly as possible and eliminate the G.exe adware.
You can see the process of G.exe in the Task Manager; simple right-clicking will show you the C:\Windows\System32 infected folder location. However, it does not mean that the problem is solved, and now you can delete the issue. Vice versa! You cannot delete the threat manually because the source of permanent adverts hides under many other services and processes valid on your computer. The adware in the system is powered with self-protection skills; it masks itself and stays in the system for a long time.
Penetration of the G.exe process can happen due to the user’s actions or the problem with defense. In the first case, certain users’ actions connected with the thoughtless and silly installation may cause malware. They should be alert and attentive when online and especially careful with downloads. In the second case, people rely on antivirus and do not know that it can sometimes fail to track of all the threats and prevent their installation. It is always a good idea to switch to reliable software that can conduct its main functions.
Deleting the G.exe process is possible with only a few clicks. The guidance below can help you with the main steps you need to do with Trojan Killer. Automatic removal leaves no chance for all variants of malware. Follow the tutorials below to reset the infected browser; that is mandatory.
Download tool for G.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove G.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. A full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove G.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers if possible.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with G.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solutions which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means when you try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose the “Ignore always” button. In case if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.