pptsearchengine.net is a browser hijacker that generates money for its developers by showing users commercial advertisements, so if it ever shows up on your browsers, do not expect much from it. To be frank, it is even not advisable to use this search tool to search for the information on the web because it only pretends to be a legitimate Internet search engine. Believe us; those legitimate tools do not display a bunch of commercials expecting that users would click on them. Also, they are never set on users’ browsers without permission. Fortunately, pptsearchengine.net cannot be called an extremely dangerous threat. It cannot steal your online banking credentials or other sensitive information, but it can still cause problems, so go to implement the pptsearchengine.net removal today. If you feel that you need some help with that, we suggest reading this article till the end because the last paragraph exceptionally focuses on the pptsearchengine.net removal.
All browser hijackers are distributed in software bundles, so there are hundreds of users who have no idea how these computer infections manage to enter their systems. Please pay more attention to free software installation processes the next time to prevent the unwanted software from entering the system. Most probably, you have installed new free software from the web by default if the pptsearchengine.net browser hijacker has successfully entered and applied changes. Do not repeat the same mistake again in the future.
Download tool for pptsearchengine.net removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove pptsearchengine.net infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove pptsearchengine.net virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with pptsearchengine.net in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.