If you’ve noticed that your device got much slower we recommend to check the CPU usage using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC combination on your keyboard. Pythonw.exe process is really dangerous and can “eat” most of your CPU.
This Pythonw.exe Trojan penetrates the system in a hidden way through installers, fake antiviruses, infected sites, etc. When you are not absolutely sure what you install, it is better to read pre-installation requirements.
Pythonw.exe will give up and release your system if you start using anti-malware utility. If you do not have intention to get rid of this malware thinking that you can use your computer even if it is infected, do not stop reading to know about symptoms and consequences of its activities. In case when you are ready to eliminate the threat we recommend using GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool to remove the threat fast. Pay your attention to the scheme below, it will help you with removing unwanted apps.
Symptoms of Pythonw.exe trojan:
- CPU overheats very often.
- Boot time needs too much time.
- Programs run badly and freeze.
- PC performs worse than usually.
Download tool for Pythonw.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove Pythonw.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove Pythonw.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with Pythonw.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.