winupdsvc.exe malware haunts Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and other cryptocurrencies in favor of its developers. This threat also aims to collect confidential information about the owner of the infected PC like logins and passwords, credit card numbers and so on sending them to intruders (creators of the virus).
winupdsvc.exe is a coin miner virus that uses the full capacity of your computer to mine cryptocurrency and make a profit to cybercriminals. We define this type of virus as a highly dangerous one, cause your data, privacy and device are at risk. You become very vulnerable with such exhausted system, so more virses can infect your computer.
winupdsvc.exe virus makes your system slow and all programs freezing randomly. That’s a bad sign. winupdsvc.exe miner sneaks into your computer quietly, so you won’t even notice that suspicious file is installed until your system is overloading.
You have winupdsvc.exe in your system if:
- CPU power suddenly rises up or falls down.
- Booting process is enormous.
- Programs launch for too long.
- General performance of your PC is disappointing.
Download tool for winupdsvc.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove winupdsvc.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove winupdsvc.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with winupdsvc.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Leave a Comment