stub.exe stands for a truly dangerous program involved in causing your computer to be functioning in an extremely sluggish manner. You will definitely notice the fact of high CPU usage caused by this malicious utility enabled. Note that stub.exe plays an active role in mining digital currencies in your computer, however, this is done in favor of other people, not you. There are certain cyber frauds who have infected your computer with this sort of application and now try to use the power of your system to generate revenue into their personal pockets. This guide will furnish you with helpful information to help you get rid of this malware completely from your system.
stub.exe comes to you in two cases: if you failed and installed the trojan with software or if your defense is weak. The first case is common for people who omit reading installation requirements, they usually get infected items together with useful ones. In case, when you always read them and cannot say that some of your online activities are wrong, then lets see the second way of penetration. We regret to say that but your current defending software is likely to be too weak to do ts job. It doesn’t ban unwanted programs and permits their installation. If some of these things are about you, then you need a proper application to increase your security.
Intrusion of stub.exe into the system normally takes place along with other free applications that you may decide to make the part of your computer. Obviously, it is mandatory that you always pay close attention to what else you are going to make the part of your system. In case you read the information about some third-party programs that you don’t plan to make the part of your system, make sure you cancel such default installation options and switch to the advanced ones. Sadly, users often fail to be duly careful and thus permit entry of various junk and even hazardous utilities.
Symptoms of stub.exe trojan:
- CPU overheats very often.
- Boot time needs too much time.
- Programs run badly and freeze.
- PC performs worse than usually.
Download tool for stub.exe removal:
|Download Trojan Killer Portable for Windows.|
How to remove stub.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install Trojan Killer.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove stub.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In Trojan Killer click on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with stub.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.